Veda’s Choice RecipeApr 29, 2020
(Photo by @whatlindaeats on Instagram)
Ah, Veda. If there ever was such a thing as a more attractive, saucy and fancy Eggs Benedict, it would be Veda. Just imagine. Two gently poached eggs perched delicately on slices of the finest Atlantic smoked salmon, smothered in velvety Béarnaise Sauce and served on a buttery croissant. Where’s that heart eyes emoji? Pretend it’s inserted… here.
Enjoy this recipe for one of our top Brunch dishes in the comfort of your own home.
Let’s get those hands squeaky clean and get to it!
FIRST, THE INGREDIENTS FOR BÉARNAISE SAUCE:
- ½ cup of white wine
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 T of shallots, minced
- 2 T of fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¾ tsp of kosher salt
- 2 tsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
NOW LET’S GET COOKING!
- Place the white wine in a small stainless-steel saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes until the wine has reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, bring the butter to a boil and carefully skim any foam from the surface.
- Place the egg yolks in a stainless-steel bowl and whisk in the wine reduction. Slowly drizzle in the hot butter, whisking constantly until full incorporated.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and then remove it from the heat. Place the bowl, with the eggs and butter mixture, over the pot. (Make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water or the eggs may curdle.) Whisk constantly until the sauce is smooth and has thickened just enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 1 ½ minutes. Cooking for too long may result in a less than velvety sauce that’s too thick to coat the eggs.
- Stir in the shallots, tarragon, salt and lemon juice.
NOW LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER. YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 croissants
- 2 slices of Atlantic smoked salmon (or bacon, avocado, etc.)
- 4 large eggs, poached
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C)
- Using a serrated knife, slice the croissants in half horizontally and place the tops and bottoms on a baking sheet and into the oven to warm.
- To serve, lay a slice of smoked salmon on the bottom half of a croissant and nestle 2 poached eggs on top. Generously spoon the warm Béarnaise Sauce on the eggs and replace the croissant top.
And there you have it! Enjoy it right away while it’s nice and warm. But before you get too ahead, make sure you pop that poached egg and enjoy that beautiful yolk drip. ???? (<— found it)