Mildred Celebrates Her Champagne Birthday!Mar 25, 2019
Toronto’s favourite brunch spot and Queen West darling turns 30 on March 30th, 2019.
When you were still in short pants, Mildred popped up in Toronto’s west end warehouse district to rave reviews. Since inception 30 years ago, Mildred Pierce Restaurant, and now Mildred’s Temple Kitchen, have been delighting diners with delectable fare and the warmest of hospitality. Families and friends have celebrated everything life has to offer at Mildred’s table and folks travel the world seeking out the sheer joy of Mildred’s famous blueberry buttermilk pancakes.
For the past 30 years, Mildred has set trends that are now embedded in the Canadian hospitality scene:
- Mildred demonstrated that great hospitality, food and service trump location.
- Mildred introduced Torontonians to brunch over 25 years ago and to this day remains the go-to brunch spot in the city.
- Mildred took her love of food and shared it with would-be chefs and foodies by opening Cookworks – Toronto’s finest hands-on culinary school that went on to became a Food Network success.
- Mildred set the trend to say ‘no’ to bottled water and set up water filtration for her guests.
- Mildred introduced the first unisex bathrooms, breaking down gender barriers.
- Mildred continues to shine in her latest home in Liberty Village, another Toronto warehouse district that’s morphed into one of the hottest neighborhoods in the city.
30 is a magic number for Mildred and she wants to say thank you to everyone she has met along the way.
Be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay up to date on all the latest news. Click here to sign up.